Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

On Jealously

Well, like other blogs this one will start with a trip and the encouragement of other people looking to vicariously live through me... It is not a bad thing. I'm not above saying that I don't mind seeing a little jealousy on other people's faces when I tell them "I'll be in Thailand for six weeks so leave a message after the beep".
Before you deny being jealous yourself let me give you the details (just to make sure you fall in line with the others). Detail one: six weeks on, or near, white sandy beaches. Two: rock climbing. Three: Three damn fine traveling partners. (Is it working?)

Other details could include the cost of airfare, but I won't talk about that because you only have to look and see where my left arm and right leg once were. (I'm pretty sure that is how Southwest gets away without charging for bags, they sell your limbs) Things like "Where exactly will I be?" or, "What have you done to prepare for the trip?" are relatively unimportant at this point. The key is that I'm out-o-here.

So if you are still reading at this point the jealousy thing must have worked and now you are hooked. You want more. You may have fallen madly in love with me, even though we are complete strangers. But even if that last one seems like a stretch you are still here, and I want to invite you to come on this trip with me and my friends as we wildly throw our non-fiscally responsible selves into the world. Because I don't exactly know what to expect in Thailand look for big dumps of pictures along with little updates. If nothing else send your will wishes, advice, hate mail, and most importantly recommendations for how to stay out of Thai prison.

1 comment: